We went up into the mountains again. Erich, Matty, Dana, and I. We were looking for a specific path up the reservoir, but it took us awhile to find it. We got side tracked in some villages. Here are a couple of highlights.
 |
| Finally found the reservoir |
 |
| Village on the way to the reservoir |
- The kids in the village saw us coming through, they ran off the streets, back to the safety of their porches and jumped up and down excitedly shouting, "Lao wai! Lao wai!" (meaning: Foreigner!) I don't think they get out of the village much. But they were really cute.
- Most of the people hung their clothes out on hangers in the trees, right next to their meat, also hanging on hangers in the trees ... ??? I'm still confused by this.
- One of the guys walked a couple of feet into the very thin bamboo "forest" and just dropped his pants. I think this is very common, and at least now I know how my 3 year olds learned to confuse a bush with a urinal.
 |
| View of Beilun coming back from the mountains. My apartment building is almost hidden by the little hill on the left. |
 |
| Chickens crossing the road :) |
 |
| The creeks that leave the reservoir are built with little pools every 20 yards or so for cooking and washing. |
 |
| Bamboo forest! |
Must have been nice to get out of the city. Saw the pics on Fb as well. I really like the pools in the creeks.
ReplyDeleteI like your pictures too!!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you all enjoyed the pics :)
ReplyDelete